Monday, July 11, 2011

Movie Monday: Surf Nazis Must Die


Sorry about the unannounced vacation on Friday. I'm back though, and golly, have I got a movie for you.  Now, there are quite a few things in the world that I know absolutely nothing about. Rather high on this list are surfing and being a Nazi. Fortunately for me, I've learned everything I'll ever need to know about both from a little movie called Surf Nazis Must Die. Let's talk about that now, shall we?

Surf Nazis Must Die  is a movie from the production company Troma, famous for one of my all time favorite films The Toxic Avenger as well as the fantastic Shakespearean adaptation Tromeo and Juliet. However, I'm sorry to say that Surf Nazis Must Die probably isn't one of the few good Troma films and is more likely to join the ranks of A Barbarian Nympho in Dinosaur Hell.  Now, don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed this movie, but I did find myself slightly annoyed with the parts of it where there was more surfing than killing going on. 

Shitler Youth.
 The plot basically follows the meteoric rise of a beach gang surfing Nazis who very creatively call themselves the Surf Nazis.  They manage to eliminate their rival gangs and terrorize the peaceful inhabitants of the beachfront community. The Nazis however cross the wrong person when they kill do-gooder Leroy, a young African-American man who got all up in their racist business.

Leroy is dead, but vengeance has a name...and that name is Mamma Washington, Leroy's motorcycle-stealing, gun-toting, gambling, America-loving, Bible-reading, tobacco-smoking, GRADE A BAD-ASS mother who has lost everything to the Surf Nazis and has nothing left to live for. She loads up with grenades and ammo and goes  John Matrix on the beach bum fascists. Imagine the kindest, huskiest, old black lady you know just going totally Kill Bill on some Nazis.

Listen up kids because this is important, this movie sucks. It really does, but it's bearable just to see that lady kick some serious Nazi ass.


Which makes me give it 3 out of 5 Surfboards





No comments:

Post a Comment