Friday, July 1, 2011

Film Friday: The Fall (2006)



Although my back is in immense pain, I've been meaning to watch this film for a very long time. The very little I had heard about it before actually watching it was just enough for it to tickle my fancy into watching it. I have to say, it's not at all what I was expecting. Watching The Fall I found myself reminded simultaneously of The Princess Bride, The Lord of the Rings, and Secondhand Lions.  It is a film that is simultaneously tragic, beautiful, fantastic, and whimsical. 

Power Rangers, Planeteers, Voltron, What is it about the number 5?
This movie is truly beyond words. It surrounds the story of 5 adventurers out for revenge against a tyrannical governor. This story is told within the film by a  paralyzed stuntman named Roy to a young Hispanic girl by the name of Alexandria. I really have no way of accurately mocking or reviewing this movie except to say that it is fantastically beautiful to look at as well as highly entertaining. Stylistically it is very similar to The Princess Bride which I think is what gives it some of its tremendous appeal. And even though it's almost two hours long, it never felt boring to me.

The Fall  gets 4 out of 5 oranges.









No comments:

Post a Comment