Friday, July 15, 2011

Film Friday: Humongous


Much like Tommy Wiseau's masterful cinematic work The Room, Humongous also treats us to a sex scene about 5 minutes into the movie...however it's not so much a sex scene as much as it is a rape scene and it doesn't end with an unnecessary shot of Wiseau's ass as he walks to bathroom, it ends with a man getting torn to shreds by German Sheperds.  The movie only goes downhill from there. Which is kind of sad because it really could have been a good movie.

First of all, let me just say that judging strictly by the plot, I would have probably rated this movie pretty high. I mean, the idea that these teens get stranded on this island with a mutant murdering manchild is kind of brutally awesome. Also, awesome is how many horror movie stereotypes are present. Pretty much every character fits someone you've seen before.

So what kept this surprisingly well-thought out movie from getting a high rating?  Well let me show you what I was looking at for most of the film:

Only the slightest exaggeration


The lighting in this film IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A MOVIE. There were literally 10 minute periods when I was just squinting at shadows and shapes trying to discern what was happening. Damn it, this is the year 2011, I shouldn't be having to watch scrambled movies.


2 out of 5 Cuddly German Sheperds


No comments:

Post a Comment